View Single Post
07-26-05, 01:46 PM   #18
XeroKill
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Beladona
I played eq shortly after Kunark was released, and continued to play until EQ2 came out. It was fun up to a point, after which it became a job. I have tried other games from SOE including SWG, EQ2, Planetside, and in the end they all started to have that same "seen it, lets get some xp so I can level this month..."

WoW for me has much more content to "ENJOY". It doesn't have as much content as EQ or maybe even EQ2, but what it has is MUCH more diverse and entertaining. From the moment you start playing WOW you can tell that the developers actually loved making this game. They put every inch of their creative being into the tiniest of details. I encourage you to just explore sometime without worrying about levelling or the like, and I assure you that you will find things that you didn't know were there, in just about every zone you visit.

The old saying that "it is the little things that make a difference" is definitely true here. They didn't just make a game with lots of stuff to do. They polished it up and made it something you can really enjoy. Animations, characters, even the names that were used in some places, or the things that NPC say, will entertain you no end.

That is a basic summary of what I think of WOW. I could go into detail about the technical side of the game, or the fact that it runs so well on a majority of computers, but we all know about that stuff. My love of the game it much more about the actual gameplay, which is what I think too many games nowadays have lost...
To comment on the statement of little details... that is another great thing about WOW to me. I remember the first time I was running through the Barrens and I saw a small heard of Gazel come screaming by the path. Or the time I was over near Kharanos and saw the Dwarven Artillery Crew put on their show and saw an Evil Dead and AC/DC refference in it.

Stagnation or Mudflation, there is no grey area.