View Single Post
10-23-15, 03:11 PM   #8
LanceDH
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
However, I managed to get one when I clicked ILW_SpellBookTab (button in spellbook) TWICE, not once, but twice, on first click I saw a warning from your addon in my chat, however, on second one I've got a taint (line #491, inside ToggleUnlockedPage function).
Had no clue :Hide() also caused errors in combat so can't say I 'protected' any of those.
I guess PLAYER_REGEN_DISABLED, where I hide everything when combat starts, happens before errors start happening.
Will have to fix that now that I know.

Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
Well, write it in pure Lua, safest approach possible.

One more thing. Their API is almost always safe, there are some exceptions though, but NEVER (almost never tbh, there are few exceptions too) use functions blizz implemented in Lua themselves, it almost always causes taints. Your taint you were talking about in OP was caused by usage of blizz' SpellBookSkillLineTab_* functions.

P.S. BTW, sorry, completely missed the point in my first comment, was a bit tired. Went full retard, realized it just now after a short nap,
Wouldn't it be worth it to create frames in XML and use SetScript with local functions in LUA?
Or does the XML itself cause issues?
Having done it both ways now I must say I find XML to make the base for frames a lot easier to use and keep track of things, and doesn't clutter my LUA files as much.