View Single Post
11-18-14, 06:43 PM   #4
Kreelor
A Firelord

Thank you, both Rythal and Spunkymanker, for replying. Your replies were concise and to the point.

I went ahead and followed all the steps given by Ebnor in his post #1. It was an excellent list of steps and easy to follow. However... after performing the process 3 times (including deleting all the Carbonite files and the WTF), I cannot get the game to run. It hangs my display and the game as soon as I load my char into the game. I have had to use Ctrl/Alt/Del each time to get out of it. I followed each of his steps and suggestions precisely, each time. The only variation was that I used the most recently-dated Ace DB submission, instead of the older one which he gave in his example. I don't know if that makes a difference, or not, but at this point, I'm not ready to start over again. So, I'm back to plain ol' WoW. For some reason, I thought a lot of players had gotten the game to work with "something" Carbonite-related? And, even last week I had the Carbonite maps and the Warehouse working. I'm not sure, but maybe I was using the Git fixes, even though I only found out today that nobody is supposed to use them, unless they are developers? I've forgotten exactly what I did last week already. I'll just wait until Rythal gets everything done as he has planned to do. I'm sure he'll do a fine job of it. Thanks again for replying.