View Single Post
09-10-09, 10:38 PM   #36
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by Mirrikat45 View Post
I'm with Torhal here, I didn't write GearScore to cater to the elitists. In fact it allows more flexibility for playstyle in its raitings. Its only meant to be a guide but people abuse it. The addons arn't the problem. The problem is people. It also doesn't help you've hit 80 way late in the game. There isn't too many of you left so its difficult for you to find other people with your gear to form a group and tell all the a*holes to f*off. I'm hoping Cross-Realm LFG will really help remedy this situation.
As a general question to you and any other author who makes these tools...

Why can't you all band together and establish 1 standard rating system? It would give you all much more credibility, for lack of a better way of saying it.

While it's true people have a thousand different opinions on how to gear a tank, a point of dodge is always a point of dodge, stamina is always stamina, etc. etc. Why is it so hard to combine all these things into one standard method of evaluating them? Your addon shouldnt like the fact I have dodge gems over that other guy's addon that would like me better if I had parry gems in their place. See the point? It makes no sense.

In other words, why does Wowhead's profiler like my gear more than Heroes or whatever else is out there judging me? Get my drift? On similar gear, everyone scoring it should be similar in results. Period. Any variance is someone's opinion and shouldn't be mentioned let alone be tallied in some tool's report.

The only viable use for any of these addons at the present time is simply to view another person's gear, etc. We already have that now. It's called the Armory. We don't need 9,000 different ways of looking at it. Know what I'm saying?