View Single Post
10-28-12, 10:24 AM   #1
Kreelor
A Firelord

Question Where are the POI's on maps?

The Blizzard mini-map shows POI icons. Carbonite's maps show only just a few of them.

Yet, the advertisement for the Carbonite addon continues to mislead users by claiming (in the Guide/Hud section of the ad):

[See the attached thumbnail .jpg]
Guide-Hud_advertisement_for_Carbonite_is_wrong.jpg

It's a lie, and has been that way for a long time.

I've mentioned before that on my Carbonite maps, the only POI's it displays are the generic ones, such as; FM'S, Inn's, etc.

There are no Vendors, Repairs, Trainers, and more. And, now that Battle Pets have ICONS visible in the Blizzard map, even those don't show up on the Carbonite maps.

Generally speaking, the Carbonite maps show mostly TERRAIN, which is a good thing in itself, but where are the POI's?

The absolute worst thing is that the Carbonite "?" Guide never seems to point to the closest anything that a user selects! It doesn't even know that I'm standing next to a particular Trainer, Vendor, Repair-person, or whatever. It will tell me that the "closest one" is 3 Continents away!!! Absurd.

Edited:
It states that: "IF IT'S IN THE GAME, IT'S IN THE GUIDE". That's utterly untrue.

If these issues won't be fixed, then at least remove the false advertising for the Carbonite addon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Guide-Hud_advertisement_for_Carbonite_is_wrong.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	7323  

Last edited by Kreelor : 10-28-12 at 10:27 AM.