View Single Post
12-09-07, 08:54 PM   #1
Republic
Paladin

Panel Mod Disgust

Anyone happen to know which revision number of Fubar was the last one to function correctly without overlapping minimap/bar/bouncy frame issues?

Titan and Fubar, you know - two of the top mods in use, both appear to be dead. My definition of dead in this sense - not having a release version updated to current game version. I understand the catch-all "beta" tag that's thrown all over the place and badly misused in this mod world, but honestly, how is it that arguably the two most popular addons are this sloppy in development? Granted, we all have lives outside of the game but damn it guys - do something about such sluggish development.

Here's an idea - put together a team to provide releases. Any thoughts? If one person no longer cares about a certain "responsibility" to the community that comes in developing such popular addons, god sakes - get a group of people to help you put things out in a timely manner. I'd be willing to bet there are folks ready to pick up the ball and run with it.

There is no excuse for the download version of Fubar (on this site) to be 20003. There is no excuse a person should have to go searching through the rather cryptic archives of Ace Files to find something updated and functional with the current game version.

Why is it that new addons are coming out all the time based on outdated panel mods? Does anyone else see something wrong with this picture? If a person can't or won't develop their mod, they need to drop it or pass the baton to someone who can or will. The game of wow itself goes backwards all the time. Lately, Fubar and Titan are moving in the same direction. We get angry at Blizzard for patches that break new things. Why shouldn't we also get angry at addon authors who appear unconscious?

Base addons should be updated. Always. Is it testing? Lack of testing? Lack of concern? Lack of time? What's the deal? Anyone know?

I'll settle for a Fubar that's only "partially broken" and doesnt jump all over my minimap! If anyone knows a version that won't do this - kindly post! I'll put you in my will.

Would it be possible to put Cladhaire (best author going) in charge of everything I use? No? DAMN!

<not really angry or critical - just mildly sick of having to search so hard for updates to Titan and/or Fubar>

Thanks