View Single Post
06-02-08, 11:39 AM   #29
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
To be honest with you, I never thought anything of it. I mean, yes Bliz and Sony are two different companies and yes they have a different set of rules. However, Sony is no different than Bliz in that they do not allow you to use 3rd party software. Hell, after quitting EQ and then coming to this area of the site once I began playing WoW, I totally flipped out because you guys offered addons. I immediately thought they were illegal simply because they are in EQ. Of course, after talking with a friend (and getting laughed at) I was assured that addons for WoW are legit even though they are outlawed in EQ.

However, I can see what you're saying about the TOU/TOS 3rd party software. I will just find it ironic if it plays out that Magelo is a bannable offense, thats all.

I've written private email to Jelan and also posted over there. We'll see what happens. I hope we can use it as I love the service and it will positively put the Armory and all the others to shame.

Edit: I know it doesnt matter, but I wanted to say it anyway. Most, if not all, of the high end raiding guilds in EQ will not accept an applicant without a Magelo profile. That's how good the service is.

Last edited by Petrah : 06-02-08 at 11:42 AM.