View Single Post
12-11-07, 06:36 PM   #32
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by Kaomie
Funny coincidence if you check the thread someone just opened next door called "cartographer problems". The version here is r30225. To most of us it seems obvious that this is old (wowaced addons are running into the r56000+ recently) and we just go and check WowAce to get something newer, but for someone who just discovers addons it may not seem so straightforward, even with the various links on the page.
Isn't it though? (a funny coincidence) I'm betting there are hundreds of similar posts among the major mod sites. For that matter, I even run across them in the official forums from time to time.

Originally Posted by Kaomie
An idea: maybe WowInt could automatically mark uploads that have not been updated for a while (let's say a month or two) with a warning flag as "old" and explaining newer versions may be available (without moving them to outdated which is a totally different story). No?
Now we're getting somewhere and are following the hopes of my initial purpose for posting here. This sounds great to me, but it also may create extra work (initially) for someone else. That wasn't my goal, but I'd love to see more logic applied to mod distribution.