View Single Post
08-31-12, 10:21 AM   #352
Stabilo
An Aku'mai Servant
All good ideas.
- The support trigger section is indeed not intuitive at all before you first find your way there, and a little clicky even after you understand how it works.
- Agree on calling Auras Groups and Displays Auras in the future, since.. Well, that's how they seem to be used.
- I don't really work with animations or sounds, use sound on one aura and it was super simple to set up
- Style is easy and good, but maybe a little disorganized. Despite quite few options, it just feels maybe a little messy? I don't see the need for distinguishing style and positioning if screen real estate allows to combine them.

For suggestions, and this is just my flow of thought and has nothing to do with ease of implementation.

Have you seen the new settings window of Tukui? It uses 2 panels on each side of the screen that are "fixed" to the sides. Now, that might sound excessive to start with. While it takes up a lot of space, something like powa would be possible to fit on just one of them. It looks sleek, gives a lot of room for different settings etc. especially vertically. Possibly add a simple button to throw the whole panel to the other side of the screen if one needs to work with auras that would otherwise be under the panel? I don't know, the first time I saw the tukui settings my first thought was "wow, something like this might be possible to adapt for power auras" :P

I have no idea what that would do for scalability, I guess it'd end up being scrollable on smaller screens, which I know you don't like.