View Single Post
09-10-09, 05:00 AM   #9
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Well I have to agree that these people are idiotic morons (I would use other words but dont want to take the time to 'star' up my letters). You see the problem lies in people thinking for some unknown retarded reason that ItemLVL is the way to go when rating gear. That's BS! Look I understand that blizzard uses it for most if not all of their vehicle set up and I understand that the itemlvl is some sort of mathematical formula for the calculation of all the stat points on the item or something to that affect. (Apologies it's late here and I can't remember too clearly about what it actually is) Sadly, this has been reinforced by various websites that rate peoples gear based on itemlvl to what instance they should be in, I won't mention as to what two websites come to mind atm because I don't feel like starting a volatile firey flame thread with other posts becoming counter flame posts of defense just not worth the time of people on this site..we're better than that I think. At any rate since I like to rant and go off topic I will try to hop back, as I stated people think this is the way to rate people but seriously for instance, I was grouped with a healer not too long ago who was pretty near geared to my priest, and I was tanking on my warrior and I swear I was at half health for most of the instances I ran with this healer. Anyways as far as answering your question of why or how do people get off deciding who should go and who should stay based on what a silly addon says, well the reason for this is because we have had two websites that will rate people on this and it does a great job rating item lvl skills but not playing skills or even what stats are on the item and there are alot of addons that work similar, not all addons but ALOT so please dont go posting what addons work this way and dont cause I dont care otherwise I would've posted them myself. Anyways keep wandering in hopes to not start a fire, I think through a short story long, I have boiled the problem down to a few things:

-people are (and I am guilty of this as well) to quick to judge based on a crappy rating system...Itemlvl
-feel that the WoW authorities are feeding them the correct numbers 100% of the time and follow their instructions to the T! (Again been guilty of this and victim too)
-Feel that they know best when it comes to WoW even if they A.) don't have the class, B.) have a lower lvl version of the class, C.) have the same lvl as your class but not in the near same quality gear as your class. (And yet again, that's right I am guilty of at least B and C though I try to state where I get any info which would make me think differently than the person I am chatting with.)

I apologize about this post being as long as it is but I have had this happen to me many a time and it's a topic that's near and dear to my heart as I feel it's one of those great misconceptions in WoW that you can just completely rate someone down to a number and say that the number is too low and you can't go somewhere to get better gear. I am glad (or saddened, not too sure) to see that I am not the only one kind of fed up with this elitist mentality that's infested itself in WoW, it really ruins the game alot of the time for me when it pops up which is pretty often nowadays. Anyways I am done, again I apologize and hope my post makes some sort of sense as it is late and I am getting tired.

- Winston Churchill

Last edited by Miralen : 09-10-09 at 05:03 AM.