View Single Post
09-10-09, 10:56 AM   #16
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by mrruben5 View Post
With stats being simplified in 4.0, I'm actually releaved. I think it will help getting players that know what they do, but "don't have the gear" actually find a group, or at least less trouble.

I'd recommend telling people your DPS instead of just your stats, they obviously don't have a clue about your class if they think spell power is all that matters. Yes, it matters most if you are hit capped.
If they still want to know your stats, only tell them if you are confident that they will understand. You can actually see if the player is mature and will understand you just if he uses full sentences and/or uses correct punctuation. It works like that for me.
If you don't tell them your stats because you don't feel confident about it, and you're not invited, then they will just have to cope missing a water vendor . Make a funny joke about it, or challenge them to something, it might make them invite you anyway :P
In all reality if people asking are intelligent enough to know that hit rating is needed before sp matters as much then they would ask if your hit capped. And im sure those people are out there. They are just a minority in most cases. A large percentage of people just have the impression that score (or even specific stats and generally the wrong ones) is everything and that it must magically tells you all you need to know. It removes the need to think for your self. You just set a magic number in your head and if its under then so sorry. Like any rating or comparison it takes a level of judgment that people are willing to suspend or have no desire to use more intelligently.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor