Thread: EQ vs. WoW
View Single Post
06-30-07, 01:11 PM   #18
krosh
A Kobold Labourer
I also played EQ for over 5 years and I think the main differance between EQ and WoW is, EQ is not for the casual player, were as in WoW there is still a lot for peple to do that dont have a lot of time or a large guild.

One thing that surprises me reading the answers here is some people saying EQ has nothing new for its players, for me a game that has had 14 expansions
(Ruins of Kunark, Scars of Velious, Shadows of Luchin, Planes of Power, Legacy of Ykesha, Lost Dungeons of Norreth, Gates of Discord, Omens of War, Dragons of Norreth, Depths of Darkhollow, Prophecy of Ro, Serpents Spine, Buried Sea and Secrets of Faydwer), Thats 100s of new zones/instances/dungeons, 1000's of new weapons/armour, 4 new races (Iksar, Vah Shir Frogloks and Drakkin), the level cap been raised 3 times just to name a few things, to say that its brought nothing new to the table for its playes is being damn ignorant. Now grant you those expansions are not for a casual player, but I we all agree that EQ is not for your casual player.

I myself have settled into WoW and dont think I could ever go back to EQ, I will always have a soft spot in my heart for EQ but there is now a space in my heart for WOW as well.

Last edited by krosh : 06-30-07 at 02:05 PM.