View Single Post
04-24-09, 12:23 PM   #824
thevoices
A Murloc Raider
WM user in recovery we need WMUA

Ok I have lurked through this thread......

At first when I accessed this thread I was upset! angry! Hulk smash... then within the first half of the first page I understood it was like an epiphany.

I too was hooked, there were many times I wouldnt play... but I ran wm to make sure my whistle was clean! oh it was good times living high enjoying the rush of updating 185 addons "sadly that includes the multipacks" ie auc, dbm, atlas, alphamap... you get the idea. But it would take a few minutes and lo there always seemed to be an update... But I noticed something the nothing was ever out of date... or even showed as dependancy failed... and even stranger these stupid lua errors with prat, and a few others... I was like cant these guys who are doing this as a hobby get it right the nerve of them giving something out for free and making it buggy!

Welp fast forward to now I have weaned myself off WM, i used it initially to find the individual pages for the addons, ... then I tried curse's client as well as wowi's and yes they arent perfect but as i see it now neither was WM with its TOC changes...well short story long, I have started pruning down the addons, found quite a few that either dont work or dont need. For instance the base cosmosui stuff. I have to admit though curse did some strange stuff initially... though it could be it trying to clean up wm ... it detected that I had titan installed which i hadnt... but I kinda like it... I'll get a count of how many addons 215 with titan... which again isnt accurate. Wish blizzard allowed items to work through nested ie xperl/ and auc and its massive suite..

Oh well I digress I just wanted to say thanks to the authors and admins for helping me through rehab and showing me the light of day.

PS yes it took hours to update the addons but hey its all good.

PPS I hope none take offence for my sarcasm.... about buggy code... It was really my issue and WM jacking the toc's... oh and btw since doing it this way i have cleared out my lua errors.

Now for those that want nana's