View Single Post
03-19-06, 10:28 PM   #43
Farook
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Cirk
How are you all finding the new reminder sounds and flashing mini-map icon?
Simply fantastic.

Well for me, I wouldn't need the flashing minimap-button, because I'm getting a screen-message AND a sound-reminder now, and that's enough... but now you already have it in, there's no reason to take it out I would say.

I tested my locfile on our yesterday's BWL-raid, and it seems I made no mistakes. Only problem left, the few translations that are still to long. For now, I have no idea how I could replace them with better explanations, so I have to leave them the way they are. But as it has no influence on the functionality of 'Blessing", I would say that's a minor blemish. And who knows, maybe one day it makes "Klick" and I find a better translation....

After yesterdays test run, there came up two questions for me:

1.) Sometimes I get warnings about expiring blessings, but the remaining time of them was above the time I set when I want to get a warning (30s). For example I was told that 'Bless XY" is expiring in 30 seconds, but "Bless XY" still was about to run for more than 4 minutes. Couldn't figure out yet in what situation this happens.... as soon as I know more about it, I'll gonna give you a notice.

2.) In my guild, we do bless by Class, and each Blessing is shared by 2 Palas (eg. I cast 'Blessing of Light" on Warriors, Mages, Druids and Priests; another Paladin does "BoL" on the remaining classes). And we decided on just to use greater blessings, due to saving of time. So far, so good....

Maybe/Definitely I am just too stupid, but I couldn't figure out how to cast a specific Greater Blessing only on certain classes (eg. as mentioned above). I managed to cast the normal (5min) blessings, but couldn't find a way so that it uses the 15min-buffs. I'll find out myself in one of the next raids, for sure... but maybe you can give me the hint I overlooked earlier.

Greetz,
Farook.