Thread: Carbonite 5.04
View Single Post
09-07-12, 09:13 AM   #310
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Dman24 View Post
Hey all I've been using Carbonite for many many years now and Rythal what you've been doing, I just wanted to say thanks, also I've noticed many bugs over the past few days (even after the fixes).

1st bug is in the starting zones atleast Tauren and Orc i've seen is the map transparency is that it looks as if the zone is completely zoned out but see the quest area and where you have to go to complete the quest etc. when i put my cursor over it i see the map like i normally do when i'm in Org, Dal or anywhere else.
There is no map for those zones anymore. Blame blizzard deciding to make them separate from the world. It was either have quest trackers break and say your 60000 yds from objective, flood the map with "city" style maps, or leave it.

3rd bug (and its been around for a long long time) is if i'm in an instance of sorts, DM, HoT, ZA, ZG etc. the map is completely zoomed out and i have to zoom in to see the instance map, but when i finish the instance and zone into Org my map is completely zoomed in and have to zoom back out to the normal zoom.
It's a limitation of the system, an instace might be scaled at a rate of 0.4yds and the map needs to be zoomed to see it, the regular world is scaled at a rate of ~6 yds.. some instances might even be really small and scale at ~11 or ~12yds.. the game does not give information on what the scale is so there is no auto setting it.

4th bug certain BG's Alterac Valley & Isle of Conquest i've noticed there is no map and thus have to use Alt+M and use the standard map in those BG's
Are they truely gone, or are you just saved at old map locations, try turning on the "Follow You" Map option while in the BG to see if it's just moved.

5th bug the carbonite map no longer shows mining or herb nodes and i have to make the minimap (my little square block on carbonite's map) and make it larger if i'm farming herbs or ore.
I was planning on trying to fix this over this weekend, bringing the newer POI's the minimap displays into the carbonite map (carbonite's options are quite outdated for what it thinks the minimap might display)... but, someone has mentioned to me they heard from the original authors and we might have a real release this weekend, and i'm not sure I want to put more hours into something that will be dead in the water when the real devs finally release one.