View Single Post
04-04-12, 02:19 PM   #8
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
That used to be a popular error listed on the wow forums a few years back. I was plagued of this back then when everyone else seemed to have the problem. But I don't recall it ever happening since at least cata or maybe before that so I assumed some of it was a wow fault that they fixed. Of course my computer has been changed since then so it could of course have been a hardware compatibility problem as well.

Just an FYI about those errors that show up in the Errors folder when you crash; when your game client crashes, those logs are designed to tell you that there is something wrong with your machine. Could be a hardware, software, driver, or even a key-logger related issue. The Wow technicians that help with these types of errors use a special tool so that they can read those error logs. They can then help you determine the cause of the crash.

It is very rare, although it does happen on occasion, that the game client itself will cause those crash error reports. When you get them a copy of it goes into the Error sub folder within the game folder, and the other copy gets sent to the devs who deal with the game client.

Any time the game crashes and you get an error log in that folder, and after you've made sure to test things with a clean testing bed (fresh Interface, WTF and Cache folders with *no addons*, updated drivers and up to date Windows patches) paste a recent error log in the tech support forums along with a copy of your dxdiag. The techs and/or long time volunteers can help you narrow down the cause of the crash. If it's determined to be a game client issue, the techs will push that error log through to the right people so that the bug can be fixed.