View Single Post
07-17-16, 07:38 PM   #8
Kith
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by kokomala View Post
Anything that is is displayed to the totem frame can be obtained with the totem API and events.

Pseudo code.
Code:
OnEvent(self, event, ...)
   if ( event == "PLAYER_TOTEM_UPDATE" ) then
      local slot = ...;
      local haveTotem, name, startTime, duration, icon = GetTotemInfo(slot)

-- do stuff

end
end
This API is also used for Death Knights and Druids.

http://wowprogramming.com/docs/api/GetTotemInfo
I'm not sure whether its a bug in beta right now (or how its always been), but while working on the 'special cases' for my aura tracking mod, I found that the Serpent Statue (Mistweaver) triggers TOTEM_UPDATE but the info given by GetTotemInfo refers to the totem itself which doesn't return a valid spellID via GetSpellInfo(<namegiven>). May want to just check whether this is a one off (i'm intending to trial a few) or something that would need to be handled case-by-case.

Edit: Just to follow up, the TOTEM event now fires on several classes for different things that i've played with

Warlock (Demonology): The Wild Imps and the Dreadstalkers both trigger the event but return nothing for GetTotemInfo (i'm faking it by watching the SPELL_SUMMON event in the combat log)

Monk (Mistweaver): The Jade Serpent Statue works the same as Warlocks

Druid (Restoration): Efflorescence is the same

Shaman (Restoration): While they give the proper GetTotemInfo returns, if you take Echo which allows 2 charges of Healing Stream Totem, both have the same spellID and thus need to be handled specially (if using spellID as an indentifier)

Last edited by Kith : 07-18-16 at 03:15 AM.