View Single Post
04-08-09, 02:22 PM   #11
Aerador
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
So... if you install a battery of addons that replace all of the features that nUI provides, you can run your interface with no loss of FPS?
Spiel, I reinstalled WoW and nUI and it still happened. SO I gave this a try. I replaced every part of nUI, animated portraits and all with other mods, made the UI look very similar to nUI even and tested the FPS. I also added even more mods that I wanted to try out as well. Basically i'm still pushing about 120 FPS in cities including Dalaran. In combat my FPS yo-yos between 90-110 FPS and in large groups where I was having the issues before (like in the BGs) i'm sit'n in the 70-80 FPS range with the occasional spike up to the hundreds and down to the 60s.

Mods used for testing: XPerl, Bartender 4, Recount, Simple Buff Bars, Clique, Bang Wintergrasp, Carbonite, FlagRSP, Lore, Prat, Segui, Sunnart Viewport, Omen, Furbar (Jam packed with Fubar Addons), ZOMGBuffs, Grid, IceHUD, Auctioneer, OmniCC, Baggins, CowTip, MSBT, Prat, and Quartz.

I've used nUI leveling 2 of my toons to 80 and it used to work without a problem as of the most recent patch. I wish I could find out what this problem is as it just seemed to appear out of nowhere when I reinstalled nUI. I thought maybe I was overheating a bit but the hottest thing in my iMac is my Airport card which is usually in the 50C area. CPU and GPU stay in the 40C - 49C range.

I'd rather have nUI over most of those mods. Any suggestions to try are greatly apreciated.