View Single Post
04-08-09, 02:33 PM   #12
Aerador
A Fallenroot Satyr
Oh another thing is i've been watching CPU Usage in the Activity Monitor and nothing seems out of the ordinary. The CPU Usage DOES spike to 100% on both cores but this is an issue for alot of Mac users, non nUI related, and Blizz has yet to fix that. That usually happens after playing for long periods. Another issue is memory usage when playing over long periods but again, that's not nUI related and both of those issues just require a restart of WoW. I looked at these thinking maybe nUI was using MORE memory or CPU usage than normal and maybe my system was getting a bit stressed out but i'm not seeing that as far as I can tell.

ALSO, when the lag / low FPS issues are happening with nUI installed it's happening in the viewport of the game itself and NOT in the panels of nUI. To test this I installed Sunnart Viewport, made the viewport about 4"x4" hopped in a BG and what happened? The FPS still dropped but the bars (health and others) still updated without issue. Personally I don't see how I could get FPS loss on a 4"x4" viewport when the rendering area is so small but that's what it's doing.