View Single Post
12-13-14, 04:35 AM   #33
ihatepms
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
[color=Yellow][b]

I'm uncertain as to which of the multiple choices for various stages of carbonite development to use. For instance, there's:
* Rythal's latest alpha/beta version (which is at least 4 months old)
* The quick-fix "buggy" version posted by Ebnor
* And, the WOD/Pre-patch" git" version.

Many people are saying they are using the incomplete, error-filled WOD/Pre-patch GIT version without too many problems, yet we have been told to NOT USE IT. It's for Development... not for users to use.

Can nobody give a concise, simple answer to such a simple question? I cannot find the answer buried within the multiple, unrelated topics, etc. It's all mixed up with no logical order. I for one will appreciate some help

I am not pushing Rythal to go any faster. I am not complaining about all the wonderful effort he's applying. I'm just hoping for something workable until then. For me, maps and warehouse top the list of 'core features."

Hey there... i was in the same boat as you are in now. i took time last week to check all hotfix & git versions, the one i find that actually works with the least amount of bugs, Ebmor's EXPERIMENTAL, BUGGY & INCOMPLETE HOTFIX.

I will post it below, so that you don't have to go looking for the post in the thread (I have also included the ONLY 3 items you need to download). I know you said you tried this & it didn't work, just go through it again carefully. Keep in mind that while in your Garrison, the map will NOT work.
What I do is head just outside of my garrison, where I can see mobs & other players, /reload ui & tadaah, there is my map; i keep it set to NOT follow, and go back into my Garrison & the main map remains up.
NOTE: I have removed the buggiest files so ONLY what you will need is in this version of Elmor's extensive steps (less confusion). If you are in your Garrison & reload ui, you will lose the map, which will return upon leaving the Garrison & reloading again; a little tedious but who cares I GOT MY CARBONITE BACK.

The other thing i find that i must do in game, is, sometimes /reload ui to get the quest watch blobs to appear on the map, works about 75% of the time, sometimes i have to wait a few minutes & reload again). I have not gone to BG or instances/raids, just roaming around questing & working on Garrison. It seems the quest blobs disappear so /reload ui is something i do regularly. that is the smallest issue to deal with.
Daily tasks before logging on to WoW: to check for most recent Ace versions (this seems to be what keeps this hotfix working) & Carbonite LIVE versions (which we are all practicing our patience to see ready to go)

thank you Ebmor & Rythal for all you have done

p.s. i love that all changes apply to all alts! Good Luck & happy questing
Ebmor's EXPERIMENTAL, BUGGY & INCOMPLETE HOTFIX
steps -- FOR EXPERIENCED USERS ONLY --

1. Exit the game.

2. Make a backup copy of your <WOW>\WTF folder and keep it at a safe place.
(maybe you your old Carbonite settings at a later date).

3. Delete all old Carbonite related folders located under <WOW>\Interface\AddOns\

4. Get the "official" Carbonite 5.4.2 Alpha 5 from here:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...TAVERSION.html

and extract the contents of "CarboniteBETA-542a5.zip" to

<WOW>\Interface\AddOns\

5. Get a current version of the Ace3 libraries from here:

http://www.wowace.com/addons/ace3/files/

(e.g. Ace3-r1124.zip) and update (overwrite) the folders located under
(NOTE from ihatepms: i am using current version Ace3-r1126.zip & i check daily to verify this is the most updated ver)

<WOW>\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Libs

6. Get the attached

* CarboniteHotfix20141112.zip (limited Draenor suppport; enUS,deDE only) **see attached file

and update (overwrite) the files in the various Carbonite folders located under

<WOW>\Interface\AddOns\

7. Start the game and enable loading of out-of-date addons.

(I have not updated the TOCs to make it clear that this a incomplete, buggy, "unofficial" and completely unsupported hotfix.)

Further recommendation: Do not run the "Overachiever" addon together with this hotfix (additional LUA errors).
- map issues (missing zones, wrong indexes) fixed - carbonite quest window fixed

NOTE: Draenor zones are still not supported

Limited support for Draenor world zones (enUS, deDE only (*)) added. Draenor instances are not supported.

First experiences:

The "Frostfire Ridge" map and quest tracking seems to work as expected
(as usual you can use /reload if quest objectives are not clickable).

Tanaan Jungle Intro map is not supported (unimportant). Garrison maps are not supported (annoying).

Ebmor@EU-Malorne // DBM
Attached Files below
Attached Files
File Type: zip CarboniteHotfix20141112.zip (424.6 KB, 209 views)
File Type: zip Ace3-r1126.zip (156.6 KB, 223 views)
File Type: zip CarboniteBETA-542a5.zip (2.48 MB, 224 views)

Last edited by ihatepms : 12-13-14 at 05:07 AM.