View Single Post
08-01-16, 10:10 AM   #12
Goldpaw
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm using Ubuntu Mate 16.04, with Gallium Nine. Both my Radeon drivers and Wine is patched. Had to jump through a few hoops to get there though, and what I could find written down probably doesnt' cover it. Still.

To get the AMD drivers with built-in Gallium Nine (and Direct3D) support:
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:oibaf/graphics-drivers
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install mesa-vdpau-drivers

I then had to modify (or actually create) my xorg.conf file to override what driver was being loaded by my system, since Ubuntu Mate 16.04 doesn't include the option to choose 3rd party GPU drivers for my card anymore through the normal "additional drivers" interface.

This I put in my '/etc/X11/xorg.conf' file:
Code:
Section "Device"
   Identifier "radeon"
   Driver "radeon"
   Option "DRI" "3"
EndSection

I then installed the patched version of Wine:
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:commendsarnex/winedri3
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install wine1.9

Did a few restarts here and there to make sure everything was loaded, then fired up winecfg for my new wine installation and made sure the option to enable Gallium Nine was enabled.

I'm also using the following line to run my Legion Beta client:
env WINEDEBUG=-all wine64 '/whatever-your-path-is/World of Warcraft/WowB-64.exe' -d3d9

And you should replace the file path with whatever yours is, ofc. The -d3d9 option makes sure it starts with DirectX9, which is important, because Legion starts with DirectX11 as default, and that will REALLY mess things up!

This is all I could find, hope it helps you in some way. At least it includes the repositories to both the Gallium Nine Radeon driver and the patched Wine version! Hope that at least can help point anybody looking in the right direction!

Edit:
Also a few overrides needed for libraries in winecfg, though I believe those are covered in the winehq app database for Legion. Google it!