View Single Post
08-02-16, 02:46 AM   #13
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Goldpaw View Post
This is all I could find, hope it helps you in some way. At least it includes the repositories to both the Gallium Nine Radeon driver and the patched Wine version! Hope that at least can help point anybody looking in the right direction!

Edit:
Also a few overrides needed for libraries in winecfg, though I believe those are covered in the winehq app database for Legion. Google it!
I'm using Linux Mint 17.3 (based on Ubuntu 14.04) with an nVidia GeForce 750 Ti. The drivers installed from nVidia's site work fine (I don't think there's a repository for them). I didn't need any Wine patches, though I'm already using the staging branch of Wine from the wine/wine-builds PPA.

For the Battle.net App (really hate that thing) the only overrides I needed to set were application overrides for "Battle.net.exe", "Battle.net Helper.exe", and "Battle.net Launcher.exe" to run in Windows XP mode. Some library overrides were automatically set when I installed vcrun2005 and vcrun2008 with winetricks, which are also required only for the Battle.net App and not for WoW itself; I did not need to manually set any library overrides, including the ones mentioned on WineHQ.

However, since the Curse Client only works about 30% of the time under Wine (even after setting up a separate 32-bit Wine prefix and installing all the .NET updates with winetricks, it frequently freezes shortly after launching, and the only way to restore functionality is to manually remove all of its files and let it reinstall itself on the next launch), I just set up a Win7 virtual machine in VirtualBox to run that, so realistically I could also use that to run the Battle.net App and update WoW when needed. Normally I just start Wow-64.exe directly, since the Battle.net App takes 1-5 minutes to "initialize" WoW and install some imaginary micro-update to WoW every time it starts or WoW exits. This isn't a Wine issue, either, or related to WoW being installed on an FUSE (NTFS) drive, because I had the same annoyance in Win7 before switching to Linux.

Now I just need to figure out how to replicate my AutoHotkey script to launch WoW and autotype my password under Linux...