Thread: Why Java?
View Single Post
06-30-09, 11:06 PM   #4
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Don't worry, I won't be voicing my opinions of Java anymore even if I wasn't the OP.

The language is rarely if ever the reason behind a program working or not. Admittedly, for whatever reason, Java has presented itself with a wide array of basic functionality issues in terms of installation and running, but seriously - read this and I bet your problem would be covered.
I find the language has a lot to do with the programming running or not correctly as well as the coder and a million other variables.
I wasn't calling into question anyone's manhood or anything I was just speaking from my experience with Java in general (Not programming it but being an end user) and my experience with computers and dealing with end users.
Thank you for the link but I never said I was having an issue with Minion I was simply seconding the OPs opinions on the matter. When I installed Minion to try it out I fixed my issues with it fine because I've had experience with Java and Suns ridiculous website.
I do understand the reason for choosing it as the base but mainly, I just do NOT like Java. There I said it.