View Single Post
08-16-10, 12:02 PM   #1097
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Wimpface View Post
This and the way he dressed drew me to the conclusion that he was homosexual, but I'm probably wrong. He did have that little lisp, you know that little special way some talk, that some homosexuals have though!
There's a difference between being a certain way and acting a certain way.

For example you have guys who hide their true sexuality for years acting hetrosexual the entire time. Then they discover they're gay , divorce their wives and run away with truckies called Steve (just kidding guys ). Flamboyancy also doesn't necessarily mean they are gay - look at Morrisey of the Smiths who was pretty flamboyant (at least AFAIK) and he was famous for defining his sexuality as neither gay , straight or Bi.

Unfortunately the actor who played Lorne , Andy Hallett passed away due to heart complications from a dental infection in March 2009. His sexuality was never really determined but I do remember a few eulogies written by his friends. He sounded like a really top friend , the sort of friend who would not think twice about jumping on a plane to go cheer a friend up. Fans will miss his portrayal of Lorne and his fellow actors and people who worked with him will miss his extremely cheerful attitude and just general happy outlook in life.

From what I heard he made the long hours working on the Angel series fun for everyone - actors , crew , roadies etc etc. You can read more of what his friends say about him here :

http://whedonesque.com/tag/andy+hallett
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)