View Single Post
09-10-12, 04:06 AM   #1
hatori1181
A Murloc Raider
I'm no longer supporting this add-on

I noticed, after I logged into WoW today that carbonite had an update. I went to Rythal's page and was surprised to see that the Carbonite devs were going to continue work on the add-on.

I was not prepared for what I would see when I came to the forums, here. Not only did the developer NOT thank Rythal for his hard work, but I was shocked to read this from the developer: "I did not know a patch was released... I don't play WoW anymore except for testing the addon."

But that paled in comparison to what came next: It is our addon. We did not ask, nor do we want someone else modding it.

I won't tell you to work for free or give your property away, so please don't tell us what we should do with our property.

REALLY? So not only are they not thanking Rythal, but they are going to be dickish about receiving help?

It's clear to me that the developer is only updating this add-on for the continued donations. I'd be willing to bet that the patch is yet another bandage like the previous patches, and that if one were to look under the hood of the new patch, you'd find little had changed. (Or worse, that they had incorporated Rythal's work without crediting him.)

I'm done. While I like this add-on, I will not use, nor support in any fashion, this add-on any longer. I hope as the rest of the world wakes up and sees this level of douchebaggery, that others will do the same.