View Single Post
04-06-21, 06:27 PM   #1
reative_pl
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question about addon to alter characters names

Everyone is playing and naming characters how they wants.
I don’t have any problem with that. But also I don’t like too much seeing names like “Chockemedaddy”, “Iwillfku”, “Youaredump” and many similar.
In WoW is playing many young people who think this is cool and funny. Probably it is, just not for me.

Playing in Warcraft from Warcraft 2 and I just like nice, normal names - just that, not a big deal.

So my question is… This question is for people who know LUA and how to create WoW addons.

Is it possible to do addons that is full of random names (normal close to Warcraft universe) that alter other players’ names? When I click on them I see in nameplates “fake” name, when they just in the world I see addon random names, when they join to party I see this “fake” names not “Pushmeharderdaddy”.

From 2y I’m playing with disabled chat - I just removed chat totally with LUA. I just treat other players like NPC. Have few friends on Discord and that’s enough for me, I just don’t want to risk contact with random people in WoW because it is mostly a very disappointing experience.

Thank you for any help. Have a great day and stay safe.