View Single Post
05-20-21, 02:47 PM   #6
Gello
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I learned about it here: https://github.com/Stanzilla/WoWUIBugs/issues/68
(scroll down to last post)
In a future set of builds the client will support loading distinct TOC files on a per-client basis. The implementation we've been informed about is as follows:

If an addon is loaded on the BCC client, the client will first look for a TOC file whose name is suffixed by "-BCC" (eg. "MyAddOn-BCC.toc") and load that if present. If not, the client will fall back and load "MyAddOn.toc".
If an addon is loaded on the Classic client, the client will first look for a TOC file whose name is suffixed by "-Classic" (eg. "MyAddOn-Classic.toc") and load that if present. If not, the client will fall back and load "MyAddOn.toc".
If an addon is loaded on the Retail client, the client will first look for a TOC file whose name is suffixed by "-Mainline" (eg. "MyAddOn-Mainline.toc") and load that if present. If not, the client will fall back and load "MyAddOn.toc".
If an addon fails to find a client-specific TOC and no fallback "MyAddOn.toc" is present, the addon will not be loaded.

The envisioned advantages of this approach are that it will enable us to control the files that are loaded on a per-client basis without requiring separate packages - which the initial request didn't account for - and the same also applies to other TOC attributes such as dependencies.
It's a nice system. It seems to be live now on the 2.5.1 TBC Classic and 1.13.7 Classic Era clients too.

One of my addons is Classic Era and TBC Classic only. For that one I just created a file-BCC.toc and let the original Classic toc be 11307. And it's current on both versions.

A few more (the ones listed in first post here) are now up to date on all three clients by having a file-BCC.toc and file-Classic.toc.