View Single Post
01-03-14, 07:27 PM   #42
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Wimpface View Post
Tough picking just one favorite movie... Inception maybe, or the Hobbit films. I feel like a child in a candy shop when watching those, even though a lot of people seem to dislike them for various reasons.
I just can't get into LOTR, either the books or the movies. Tolkien is the most boring writer in the history of writing. I gave up somewhere in the first half of the first book, after the the 2473th time I had to skim past a 8947-word description of the rocks on the path or the clouds in the sky. I got dragged to see the first three movies at the cinema, and they were way too long. Maybe for someone who'd read the books and knew the story, they were interesting, but for me it was just an ass-numbing long time of nothing happening. I have not seen either of the new Hobbit movies, and don't plan to.

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
I'd MUCH rather have dry heat than this crap here in Memphis. (If it's a humid day in the summer - which it's always a humid day - you can feel your hands get sticky as soon as you walk outside. The air is thick and it's hard to breathe/move.) Some day we'll move back north.
After living in Montana, going back to Seattle was great. I could feel the glorious moisture in the air settle on my skin like a cloak of healing mist. However, I was in upstate New York last summer, and that was pretty terrible, though I think it was still better than the 90-degrees-and-0-humidity Montana summer.

Originally Posted by MoonWitch View Post
Only a t-shirt? >.<
Well, obviously not only a T-shirt. I was wearing pants and shoes (no, those aren't my manly ankles, though the shark tattoo isn't bad) and all the things people normally wear under them.