View Single Post
04-17-21, 01:43 PM   #7
samueldcorbin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
The UI changes over the years, and Blizzard has been known to do some really stupid things.
That's fair, though I couldn't find any change related to this. I think perhaps whoever said that originally was just mistaken.
You can do something like this, but it toggles the world map. There's no way to put a condition on it to check if it's already open.
That actually doesn't seem to work in combat either - "Interaction failed because of an AddOn" (even run from /run with all addons disabled).

Poking around a bit more, it appears that WorldMapFrame isn't actually protected. You can call Show on it during combat, but certain things don't work correctly - like Escape won't clear the frame. The problem is that ShowUIPanel, which is what's normally used to call it, checks CheckProtectedFunctionsAllowed.
This also extends to protected frames, which can't be manipulated during combat.
Protected frames can't be manipulated by addon code during combat, but isn't the whole point of things like SecureStateDriver to allow them to be manipulated during combat?

If I'm understanding correctly, it seems like the problem is ultimately just that there's no real way to have a slash command interact with something similar to a SecureHandlerClickTemplate - presumably because there's no option to write a slash command handler that executes in a restricted environment.