View Single Post
04-01-11, 05:29 AM   #24
Dawn
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
So authors are supposed to pay for being able to upload addons. That's ... great.

I don't know how many hacker attacks you have to fight off each day, but I don't suppose it's that many after all to justify the need of an authenticator.

For me the internet is free. Imagine every site would require you to get an "authenticator", just to be able to interact with other (forum posts, woot) or even give something of your own work away for free ... imagine deviant art would require everyone to pay 5 dollars before they can post stuff. Basically any site that that is DEPENDENT on an active user base. That really feels stupid. Even though I suppose that's what we will see in the internet a lot more, because people seem to need to make money out of every crap they get their dirty hands on.

And stop this damn "OH MY SECURITY NEEDS TO BE PROTECTED" way of thinking, live isn't about security it's about facing what's thrown at you and grow over it. "Security" (like that) is just the concern of people that have no real issues, at all. So they make some up not to be bored. And to feed on the anguish, tears and money of others. *switches browser tab for buying an AK-47 to protect from evil terrorists nearby*

Will probably continue to lurk wowi, but that's about it. Feels kinda sad. Not that anyone would care anyway, but hey it's a free post opportunity! I couldn't resist!

Btw, that's not because 5 Dollars is a biggy. I follow a basic principle/belief of mine. So I don't blame anyone but myself for my decision.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

Last edited by Dawn : 04-01-11 at 05:44 AM.