View Single Post
04-20-11, 07:39 PM   #15
Crissa
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Blizzard devs boast they don't use addons in their raids.

Take that what you will... Personally, I think it means devs don't really play their own games. And from devs I know at various companies, it seems fairly true. But your mileage may vary.

Personally, I think the existence of addons is one of the reasons for WoW's success.

-Crissa

Originally Posted by Rilgamon View Post
most come with player/target centered at the bottom ... and still default position is out of the normal players sight. I'm a clicker ... without clique I would suck playing big time (even more).
You can't say 'most' as there's no way to see the installed base. Personally, I like everything on the left side, and have all the pop-ups vertically. Nothing but status bars and button-bars are at the bottom. And I don't click on anything - I mouseover cast and use macros bound to chorded keys. So playstyle is essential. (On some other games I had put the buttons on the top, but recently I kinda got stuck to the Apple style buttons at bottom, menu at top paradigm.)

Fifteen years ago It was WASD+mouse that was the addon which gave players of PC games an advantage over the default UI. And some people still do that. Obviously, from your target position, you like a Diablo or Wolfenstein type display. It's all a matter of choice. And I like that.

Last edited by Crissa : 04-20-11 at 07:50 PM.