View Single Post
11-27-09, 05:57 AM   #33
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Sandoggg View Post
i'm not sure what the next step is, though.
What I would do would be to :

(a) Make sure I only had one world of warcraft installed. Delete all the duplicates. Make sure it's in a folder path I had permissions to write to and that it is not locked.
(b) Go into the registry and delete all keys related to either Blizzard or World of Warcraft.
(c) Make sure the registry is updated with the right keys.

Not sure how to do (b) or (c) on an XP install. I'm primarly a Mac guy with some windows experience.

You could possibly do it with regedit but instead of deleting them just making sure all paths point to where I have a working copy of WOW. I think you can take a back up copy of regedit in one of it's menus I guess.

If I could fiddle with your system remotely via some kinda of VNC screen sharing thing that worked on OS X I would

But that's not ideal either as i'm in NZ and we would need to figure out some way where you didn't have to be around or awake for me to go and do the fiddling.

There's also the questionable wisdom of letting some guy fiddle with your computer from the other side of the world O_O
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)