Thread: /sigh
View Single Post
08-16-05, 12:01 PM   #20
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Personally I find the whole idea of prepopulating revolting. Maybe it's just me, but there it is.

I have to agree with Rastaah here as well. Taking other peoples work then not having a function (other than simple re-uploading, not even sure I saw that on the site) for them to update it it kind of silly. Looks like the site needs a tad more work.

I'm also not thrilled with your idea of responsibility. It's not the authors job to tell you to take the work down. It's your responsibility you get the permission first. But then again, that defeats the purpose of prepopulating to draw visitors doesn't it? Which in the end is the dilemma. How to get visitors to your site? Have a ton of mods.

I myself, don't think yet another Mod site is needed. Ui.worldofwar.net, WoWInterface.com, and Curse-gaming.com have the mod scene extremely well covered. Unless you're going to offer something really special, which I didn't really see anything special on your site.
Don't get me wrong, the internet is open to all and you can have any kind of site you want pretty much, I'm not begrudging you your mod site.

You just really started out on the wrong foot and your in a well covered area covered by superior websites.

One last thing, again agreeing with Rastaah here, I think the little jabs you took at Cairenn are uncalled for. She's been around for a long time and we all have a lot of respect for her and the rest of the great staff here. She was very civil and yet you still took the opportunity to talk down to her? I think you need some lessons in manners, but that's just me.

Well, I wish you well with your site, I really do. I won't be frequenting it for obvious reasons.

P.S. I know there is a fine line between stating opinions and flaming. I hope I didn't cross the line (I don't think I did), if I did, you have my apologies.