View Single Post
10-14-10, 08:27 AM   #57
Riffola
A Murloc Raider

Talking Oh, thank heaven!

A new patch is coming, A new patch is coming! Talents will be reset, classes will be nerfed, you won't be able to buy gems with honor points, there will be new professions, you'll lose all your shards/badges, the servers will be down for "an extended amount of time" or will be off-line for 3 or 4 days, you'll lose all your saved addon data, none of your addons will work, you'll have to reset your entire interface, you'll need to uninstall and download/reinstall the entire game, your computer will explode and your wife will leave you so you'll have plenty of "alone" time to read all the QQ on the WoW forums... Welcome to Cataclysm!

/sigh

With all the rumors mixed in with all the reality, I just had to post something - somewhere - to express some joy about seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

So, I log in after the servers are finally back up and the patch was successfully installed (fhew). Naturally, there are the endless windows of error messages and warnings about out-of-date addons and .lua file errors and exceptions. So, we all start the crappy process of updating all the dozens of addons we have come to rely on so much, including Carbonite.

Yes, I am one of the masses that starting using Carbonite when it cost $15/year, but I quickly learned the true value of that fee. My brother and I are die-hard WoW players and I think we both used every phrase of displeasure (!!) known to man, plus a few new ones, when the ultimate of ultimate addons wasn't working.

Searching the forums here, we found nothing but bad news from people jumping to conclusions - "Carbonite is dead! Oh noes!" or "the Developers bailed on us... what do we do now?". Yeah, it was looking dismal. Even with the continuous disconnects from the game and only a handful of addons working correctly, it was looking like it was about time to see what this Starcraft or Everquest thing was all about.

Then... Bam! "We weren't expecting the patch, but we're getting through it and an update will hopefully be available later on the 14th" (or something to that effect). You have NO idea what a relief that is to hear!!!! I can live without my automatic goblin therapist, gearscore, massmailer, NPCscan, and even Omen if I have to. But to play without Carbonite? No way!

But now I can sleep. I can go back to my 28 toons and deal with the re-spec/talent/profession changes and deal with the insanity of repeated disconnects with a smile on my face, knowing Carbonite is on it's way again.

Thanks, Fataal - and to everyone else that lends a hand or a buck-or-two, to get our sacred and holy addon back together again.

Humpty Dumpty and all the King's men would be proud! Woot!