View Single Post
11-10-13, 01:44 PM   #19
ericpeeg
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Elkano View Post
Done as well...

Some of the questions don't lead to a general binary answer though, e.g. if you'd pick a job as an addon developer. Would most likely depend a lot on the job itself (well, at least those questions had comment fields).

Hope you still remember us once you're done, could be interesting to read your results (even though it will be months ahead and Ill most likely have forgotten about it by then )
Agreed. One of my real challenges constructing the survey (and the larger research) was trying to find the balance between survey fatigue and the desire to get as much insight as possible (The first draft of the survey was much, much longer!). Personally, as a researcher I want as many open-ended responses as possible, since the answers tend to be richer and more illuminating, but I know of myself that I get irritated when surveys have an "Other" or "Tell me more" option on every question - to me it suggests a laziness, that the author figures "well, hell, I don't have to refine these questions, because I'll just give the respondents an option to fix my sloppy wording..' On the other hand, it costs nothing to include the "other" option, so perhaps I need to get over my own particular suvey hang-ups...

I'll be sure to share a synopsis of the findings in several weeks when I close the survey. To date, 31 folks have responded, so there should be some good stuff to evaluate. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to participate - I'm very, very appreciative!