Thread: Z-Perl 2
View Single Post
06-12-16, 04:51 PM   #45
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ceylina View Post
Take a look at IceHUD. Parnic does a great job at a layout setup. If you want to stay constrained to the wow interface panel, take a look at quartz' layout.

On a side note, do you have any plans to break out of the xperl style and allow a lot more frame manipulation like what stuf, discord, elvui, and pitbull offer? Those are great unit frame addons but they are all so bloated from years of tacking on patches and sloppy workarounds that they tend to get bogged down in their own pile of features.
Yes, a layout design is in a planning state, where you will be able to change the looks of the frames simply just by switching layouts. And anyone will be able to create a new layout for the addon.
I'll release at least 2 layout myself, an X-Perl look and a more square unit frame layout which looks like Gladius/Shadowed Unit Frames. At least thats in the plan. I'm just not sure if the layout design will make it to the initial release with full funciton or not.

I'm really happy with the core functions of the addon atm, but coding the GUI options where the user can change everything is the pain in the ass.