View Single Post
07-15-10, 06:02 PM   #28
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I did some flying around just to check out video performance with my so-old-they-don't-even-have-the-drivers-for-download video card. Some of the changes are subtle and cool, others are stunning and very, very cool. And some of the things...well...I flew over Loch Modan as the damn and sluce-waterfall was one of my favorite spots...only way I can describe it is, "I felt as if I had been touched in an impure manner." *insert Charton Heston, Planet of the Apes moment*

I could comment for quite a while but so much of it is based on obviously unfinished at least working perplexingly that it's hard to form a cogent impression -- other than "the base UI burns us, it freezes us!"

Originally Posted by lilsparky View Post
the water is nice, but it's lacking something. seems like the non-terrain objects aren't reflecting properly. i agree it's too dark/transparent. for me, the objects in the goblin pool look like they're just floating in mid air.
I described it as gray, featureless concrete unless you catch the sun or a light-source in it. It's not even an issue of reflections for me, it's just...featurelessly opaque 95% of the time. First time I ran up on water (evening in gobbie zone) I thought it was a solid surface till the rather unexpected 'splash'