View Single Post
06-18-07, 05:02 PM   #2
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Rosoaa
Hey guys,

I have been trying to make my UI (Rosoaa's UI) fit all resolutions. Photek UI has 2 versions of 8.1, 1 for all normal resolutions and 1 for all wide resolutions. I have been getting requests to make my UI fit a certain resolution, which can be a real pain. My monitor currently only uses 1024x768 resolution in WoW, otherwise I have to resize my monitor and configure the WTF file. 1 file for the normal versions and 1 for wide is so much easier, instead of having a file for each resolution. It can get really confusing and screw things up. Not to mention if you have 2 different layouts. Thats like 20 files LOL. How do I make the 2 WTF folders fit all? And what is an easy way to configure the 2 folders.

Thanks
The resolution doesn't matter. It's the aspect ratio. All resolutions at the same aspect ratio will configure the same. There are three commonly-used aspect ratios: 1.33 (normal), 1.6 (typical wide) and 1.25 (usually 1280x1024, surprisingly common). In my UI, I check the resolution upon installation and configure the add-ons conditionally in response.