View Single Post
10-24-20, 12:30 AM   #23
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by kkot View Post
An Overwolf employee recently described the rewards programme as a 'carrot' and shared his dream of consolidation - on their platform, one would assume.
Well, duh. Every company that exists wants to be the biggest, most profitable, business in their field, even the biggest, most profitable, business in the world.

Yes, the CF rewards programme is a "carrot", and it is a tasty "carrot". But you know what I like more than carrots? Steak and lobster. For me, I upload my addons to Wowinterface, sure, but my development repository is Curseforge, because I like and understand their repo system, and they have this nifty localization system for addons. Wowinterface does not have a localization system, and I do not understand their repo system, and cannot begin to fathom their Addon Packager Proxy tool.

I manually upload to Wowinterface as a convenience to users, not a convenience to myself. I gain nothing from having Wowinterface host my addons, and while it would be great if they offered a reward system, I won't ever lose sleep if they never offer one. If Curseforge/Overwolf ever took their rewards system away, I wouldn't lose sleep over that either.

You are blowing both points completely out of proportion, and since you have stated that you do not wish to offer any constructive ideas, perhaps you should stop replying to this thread. The idea here is to talk about a potential opportunity, and you have been nothing but negative and dismissive.

Last edited by myrroddin : 10-24-20 at 12:34 AM. Reason: I manually upload, not automatic repo package