View Single Post
08-13-10, 11:51 AM   #62
aalnydara
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
WowInterface.com email database has been compromised

Let me start by saying I am very careful protecting my real email address. Every website I visit that wants my email address gets a randomly generated address at a different domain that gets forwarded to my real address until I choose to delete it. WowInterface.com is no exception. I just received a WoW phishing email to the address registered with this site. So it's safe to say this is the only place they could have gotten the address.

The phishing email wasn't terribly clever. Here's the contents:

From: "World of Warcraft - Account Action Notification" <[email protected]>
Subject: World of Warcraft Billing Account Services
To: [email protected]
Content-Type: text/plain;charset="GB2312"
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 19:16:22 +0800
X-Priority: 3
X-Mailer: FoxMail 3.11 Release [cn]
X-SOURCE-IP: [38.113.6.65]

Greetings

World of Warcraft -> Legal -> End User License Agreement
and Section 8 of the Terms of Use:
Blizzard Entertainment -> Legal -> Terms of Use
A 3-hour probationary suspension is pending on this account, awaiting confirmation from a spe******t. A final warning has been issued. The investigation will be continued by the Account Administration team to determine the any further suspensions. If the account in question is found in violation of the EULA and Terms of Use, further action will be taken. Be aware that any additional inappropriate actions may result in the permanent closure of the account.
Thank you for respecting our position on this matter.
==================================================================================================================
** We request that you verify your legitimate ownership of the account:
click Website <http://us.battele.info/login/login.xmlref=https=www.worldofwarcraft.com=accountapp=wamcir=true.htm> to proceed.

Blizzard staff will verify your account information submitted in two days, Please do not repeat to submit verify, please do not modify your account information during this time . It will not affect your game uptime.If you are unable to successfully verify your password . using the automated system, please contact Billing & Account Services at 1-800-59-BLIZZARD (1-800-592-5499) Mon-Fri, 8am-8pm Pacific Time or at [email protected]. Account security is solely the responsibility of the account holder. Please be advised that in the event of a compromised account, Blizzard representatives typically must lock the account. In these cases the Account Administration team will require faxed receipt of ID materials before releasing the account for play.

Regards

The World of Warcraft Support Team Blizzard Entertainment