Thread: Be gentle :|
View Single Post
02-20-13, 06:24 PM   #31
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Coasty View Post
At 1920x1080 resolution my 68 year old eyes need 12 point font size just so I can read the darn text, so I quickly noticed three problems with the options to change the fonts point size...

1. The default font size for the Quest Watch window is quite small, I'd guess somewhere between 8-10 points, and I have a very hard time reading it. I went into options\fonts to adjust its size, but none of the font size options made any changes at all. It sort of looks like you accidentally left out any hooks to change font size in that window.

2. The HUD Tracking Arrows two text lines. Again, as in 1. above, I'd say a default point size somewhere between 8-10 points. You CAN change the font size of the two text lines, BUT vertical line spacing between the two text lines doesn't change as you increase the point size. The vertical spacing at 10 point is OK, squished at 11 point, and at 12 point or higher the two lines of text are quite noticeably jammed together (as in no vertical spacing at all). It doesn't look good, being very much hard on the eyes.

3. The Quest Log (L). Same as in 1. above, with one exception. The exception is that the windows title line is adjustable with the small font point size option, otherwise I can find no font size option that will change any of the windows other text.

---

I don't use the Quest Log that much so it's not that big of a deal. The Tracking Arrow and Quest Watch windows I continuously use, so readability problems definitely become an issue.

Other that that, so far at least for me, this build seems remarkably bug free for a beta.

Hell of a job programming Rythal....
yes sadly I realized last night as I was fixing some other display problems in the quest options that I forgot the font options for questwatch and quest window... the settings are there, just not in the options. If you want to change it before I get the next version done, you can edit NxQuests and at the top is the default settings. The HUD font doesn't have spacing, but i'll get that added.