View Single Post
09-16-09, 07:31 PM   #5
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

I would also say that atlas and atlasloot are a bit redundant but thats me. Personally I use atlasloot as I find myself more and more not needing maps to instances especially as blizzard seems to be making them more and more less confusing with only one way to go through it instead of several..Granted there are some exceptions but in the most part this is the case. I would also recommend carbonite to quest helper and even go as far as to say if you take that route you dont even need any gatherer addon or map addon such as cartographer as carbonite has that all in a nice neat package.

Also I personally recommend BasicChatMods over Chatter. While chatter like prat has a multitude of options and what not I found myself more and more only using maybe a handful of them and I recently found basicchatmods and switched from prat which I personally prefer to chatter over to basicchatmods. If you chose to use BasicChatMods than hang on to ChatSounds as I dont believe BCM comes with chat noises.

You could take the skada route but personally I prefer Recount and Recount_Threat to skada, I may pay a little more for it in memory usage but recount is so very user friendly I like the way the options are set up and just prefer it as a whole. I did use skada for awhile there though and it is way less memory usage but also found you get less info out of it than you would from recount.

Also I used to be a huge fan of auctioneer but have since switched to auctionater and have had great success in the switch. The reason I found myself even trying new auction type addons is because I found auctioneer was using alot of memory for what I was utilizing it for. Basically if you are the type of person that needs/wants eleventy billion options and plan to utilize them than great auctioneer is for you but I found myself only messing with four or five of the options and not wanting to mess with the rest of them since it seemed like an endless ocean of settings that I would need an instruction manual for. So to make a short story long I use auctionator and that's it, I have no need for two auction addons for different characters just seems like a waste to me really but thats me.

As I have stated multiple times in this post these are personal preferences and experiences with addons and am just informing you of them. Hope they help.

- Winston Churchill