View Single Post
10-24-20, 05:47 AM   #26
StormFX
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
But you know what I like more than carrots? Steak and lobster. For me, I upload my addons to Wowinterface, sure, but my development repository is Curseforge, because I like and understand their repo system, and they have this nifty localization system for addons. Wowinterface does not have a localization system, and I do not understand their repo system, and cannot begin to fathom their Addon Packager Proxy tool.
I, too, was manually updating my files here on WoWI until I decided to use the BigWigs pakager. Like kkot said, it supports uploading to both CF/WAce and WoWI. It's fairly easy to use and it allows you to centralize your code base at GitHub. They've even implemented a GitHub action that makes setting it up even easier. It works off the same .pkgmeta that CF does and it has pretty good documentation. It also supports packing for both retail and classic. I highly recommend it.

P.S. You can take a look at Masque's repo to see an example (.pkgmeta and .github\workflows).

Originally Posted by kkot View Post
On rereading my posts, I did come across as abrasive on occasion; I apologise for that.
Thanks for that. I did check out the CF Discord and found the comment you mentioned. It's definitely a sketchy thing to say, especially considering the data-selling debacle. And while I'd generally tend to agree with Myrroddin about businesses doing business-type things, that comment doesn't lend much in terms of confidence on them getting their shit together. As much as I'd like their whole, "for the authors", bit to be true, they're going to have to prove it.

Last edited by StormFX : 10-24-20 at 06:03 AM.