View Single Post
05-13-21, 03:03 AM   #8
Ylaana
A Murloc Raider
To determine which glyphs are active, the addon looks in your spellbook for any spells that have glyphs attached to them and puts those in a table. It then compares that table to the names of the glyphs in GlyphData.lua for your classID, and if a match is found the row background should be green. It also checks the conflicts to see if the active glyphs are in an exclusive set, so the other glyphs in that set are coloured red. I've attached an image of what it looks like on a paladin with the Valorous Charger's Bridle glyph on Divine Steed, which is exclusive with the Vengeful/Vigilant/Golden Charger's Bridles and Glyph of the Trusted Steed, and on a priest with the Shackle Undead and Voidling glyphs, with the latter being exclusive with the Glyphs of the Lightspawn and Sha.

Because Marks (of the Cheetah/Dolphin/etc.) are made by scribes but aren't technically glyphs (i.e. not trackable through the spellbook), I included them in the list but they won't get coloured in the same way as 'regular' glyphs, as Blizzard don't currently have an API call in place that would allow me to obtain that information from the barber shop interface. I don't know if I should just hide them altogether because a lot of people I spoke to about these Marks weren't even aware they existed, so I suppose just making them visible in this way could be helpful.

Manually hiding/showing the frame by clicking the close button and then using /gl to show it again doesn't update the row colours, nor does triggering RefreshLayout on the PLAYER_LOGIN or PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD events. I even tried on SPELLS_CHANGED and learning a new glyph to see if that would do anything, but again with no luck. I do want to make it so that learning a new glyph automatically refreshes the row colours, but that probably means re-scanning the spellbook to see what's changed and running through the active/exclusions lists again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	paladin.png
Views:	136
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	9626  Click image for larger version

Name:	priest.png
Views:	125
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	9627