View Single Post
02-19-10, 09:45 PM   #6
Bornabe
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I love Linux, I personally use Ubuntu v9.10 32bit on a USB Flash Drive and boot to it when I need it. I use Win7 as my Primary at the moment due to all the extensive gaming lately, but use Linux for a slew of things ranging from Programming to some other unmentionables.

Using this method it runs the smoothest, and allows me to not touch my main drive / computer. You can set up Linux with it's own usable & functional storage space on a USB Flash Drive. In fact, it's even on many of the Distro's Main Pages on how to do this. Pick a Distro, Put it on a Flash Drive, make sure to include it's own storage. 4GB seems to be the limit, but you'll be using your Windows drive for 'storage' of your main files, documents, music, photos, etc... so now you can access those files to & from both OSes, and have the Flash Drive with your portable Bootable Linux on it that can be Updated, Enhanced, Add Software, nice utilities for fixing other people's computers, etc... all on an easy to use Flash Drive that doesn't involve messing up anything.

Added Note(s): I used to primarily use Linux, and again, I LOVE it, so use it. Save your face, your data and your stress levels by goin' the Flash Drive route. Pickup a cheap 6GB one and use the 4GB setup, you will be pleased in every way. Keep the Gnome desktop, leave the others alone. You can have it Dual-Boot if you must, but once again, Flash setup is the best setup.

Last edited by Bornabe : 02-20-10 at 04:59 AM.