View Single Post
04-21-09, 09:16 PM   #9
datafarmer
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Premium Member
Its like this, Wowinterface and Curse have to pay for their servers,internet connection, and any data that is sent from their sites. In order to pay for this they either have to charge users like you and me or they have to show ad's. For a small site its not much money but these sites are anything but small. When you download from somthing like Wowmatrix you look at ad's that Wowmatrix gets money for but the data still comes from Curse and Wowinterface. That means that every time you download something with Wowmatrix it is costing these guys money and gives Wowmatrix that money instead.

In addition, Carbonite, which this thread is supposed to be about, wants you to come here directly and look at the download page so they can at least remind you that this thing costs a lot of time to keep working and to improve, and to ask you to consider donating if you think it's worth it.

All in all its not that much trouble to install by hand. I rather like the idea of auto installs too but I will happly install by hand if it means there is a better chance these sites can stick around to keep my addon jones to a managable level.