View Single Post
06-27-10, 05:54 AM   #7
Waverian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by dr_AllCOM3 View Post
The valkyrs do NOT pick you up at the position when they target you. I once managed to get picked up while falling down the throne. I'm pretty sure I wasn't standing there before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6HYzRP8IvI#t=5m26s

They most definitely select their target and position before they land. I've also personally experienced this - We stand in a pile before they land, start moving when the second one lands, and I'm picked up at our pile location despite being several yards away from it. If they didn't do this it would make coinciding defile and valkyr spawn timers exponentially more difficult.

Originally Posted by Aequi View Post
Yes, for defile i found either target-of-target og taget-of-forcus to be the only usefull warning, i don't know if i was subjected to some sort of latency, addon lag or otherwise, but - several times i say the "Defile on me" speech-bubbles after defile was already on the floor. I tried an addon called "Lich" for Defile aswell but - that also seem too slow.
I have never before had any problems with the speed of DBM warnings.

Anyways - if there is no specific addon that deals with valkyrs...

Is there any way i could add audio cue's to the valkyr soon, defile soon events? ... i am specifically looking for audio warnings because i am looking alot at the raid-unit-frames (Disc healing). While i do mentally scan for valkyr/defile-timers when i check infest-timer - i still easily get tunnelvision on the raid-unit-frames, getting shields up and other things (yes, I do realize that its a L2P issue)

But - something that would help time it through audio - instead of visually would help.
A simple audio-mod for DBM that hooks into the already existing timer and plays a sound that say: "X soon - 5 4 3 2 1"
... ofcause countdown would hafta sync with the timer.
BigWigs has a countdown feature. Both BigWigs and DXE have audio cues. I don't know if DBM has either.