View Single Post
08-24-11, 12:58 AM   #1264
sakurakira
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by haylie View Post
PS: you do know that you can elongate the bottom bar so it streches across your entire screen, right?
Yes. Needed more. ;D I played all 3 classes. The worst was certainly a mage, especially if you wanted more than 2 potions on your bar.

Here is a screen of my Golems of Amgarak DLC. I think I am level 36 or so there. There are several spells available to me that I don't even use that aren't even on the bars. There, I have my main direct damage spells, aoe and sort-of-DoTs, protective spells (throw enemies back/stun, etc), and then sustained and potions. I only have 3 spaces left lol. At least NWN 2 let you add more bars, in the same manner that WoW does.

Sort of back on topic of UIs, I once tried to make a Dragon Age UI by ripping art from screenshots, but it didn't turn out very well. I have no idea how to get the original source from the game files.

I really like the simplicity of the DAO UI. For those who don't play, the shadowy area with my character's name has the experience bar, and buffs/debuffs appear as small icons to the right of it. Buffs/debuffs for my party appear next to their portraits. I also quite liked the whole circle unitframe thing, it's a shame they went for a more traditional square bar setup for DA2.

Sorry about the DAO UI digression, back to WoW...

Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
... combined with a chunky "Reset" button in-case anything goes wrong.
Exactly.

Last edited by sakurakira : 08-24-11 at 01:22 AM.