View Single Post
12-12-11, 07:13 PM   #16
Coasty
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by shadow78 View Post
what type of PC do you have?
any dual core will not handle wow right with muti add-on running.
Ummm.... Where in heck did you come up with that piece of mis-information? It simply isn't true...

Not trying to be harsh here, but that sentence hit my 'HUH' button and couldn't be ignored.

I've been playing WoW since its start, originally with a single core and now with a dual core, and usually with between 20-60 addons running (depending on what I'm doing). The only problems that have ever occurred have been due to addon specific bugs, and none of those problems have ever had anything to do with the number of CPU cores. Even with all 60 addons running, with a 3gig dual core AMD Athlon 2 X2 and a GeForce GTX 560 Ti video card, I maintain 40-60 FPS outside of town and 25-30 in town with the game set at High detail.

Other than that, given the age of WoW, I rather doubt that WoW has ever had much, if any, multi-core optimization built into the games core software. I could be wrong about that, but I doubt it.

As to the FPS problem, some other threads have covered this...

Basically, if you've identified Carb v4.3 as the cause of the FPS drop your problem is most likely centered around its quest watch feature. The first thing to look at is if you have Carbs 'achievement tracking' turned on. Quite a few players, myself included, have found that turning off Carbs 'achievement tracking' option fixes the FPS problem. Some other players have had to turn the quest watch feature completely off to fix the problem. So, that's the first place to look.

There's another area in Carb you might want to look at...

For me, Carb is still indispensable just for its map modifications but the core code base is getting a bit long in the tooth, and the addon has some other features/options built in to it that, to be honest, are no longer really necessary and/or out-dated. You might want to do a careful scan of all the Carb options and experiment to see which options you can turn off as really not needed. That might help in getting some more FPS back.

Last edited by Coasty : 12-12-11 at 07:51 PM. Reason: additional information