View Single Post
04-01-12, 07:56 PM   #22
Morpheusdead
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
What "obligation"?

If I were a dev, and people repeatedly posted that I didn't care, that I had abandoned my "obligation", I would rapidly come to the conclusion that I not only don't care, I shouldn't care. Screw 'em. I applaud Haavok and Faatal because they resisted that reaction for so long.

If you're convinced that "the devs don't care" and "carbonite is dead", then you might as well just quietly go away and find yourself another map add-on, or use the standard Blizz map. There's no point, if that's your opinion, in necroing old threads just so you can whine some more.
There absolutely is a POINT. And its a rather good one. A new to the game/community player might naively think that clicking those donation buttons that are still active, would serve a purpose. When in fact it does not. The developers have quite obviously abandoned this project, but in their supreme integrity left the donation buttons active.

I have noticed posts recently by people stating they have just now donated, thinking this is to help the dev's of an active mod. This is wrong if the dev isn't even logging onto the website for 4 months. Well what exactly is he collecting donations for? Past work?

Integrity would lead you to think one way, Maybe if I am done with this I should stop taking money for it. Greed would lead you another way, Hmmm people are still donating, hey lets collect as much as we can from this train til it stops. I mean hell I earned it for my work in the past RIGHT.

Whatever, look at it however you want. I thankfully have integrity. I was simply hoping to warn off less observant people, and save them their hard earned money in this calamitous economy. But hey you have a good day.